Tailor-made solutions for the introduction of alternative drives in public transport
Local public transport by bus is an integral part of transport and contributes to a reduction in individual traffic, especially in metropolitan areas, which in turn has a positive effect on emissions. However, most buses are based on a diesel engine, which pollutes the city centres with emissions, and is therefore increasingly affected by driving bans.
Other regional and national requirements such as clean air plans, climate protection concepts and, in particular, the Clean Vehicle Directive (CVD) ensure that bus fleets have to become increasingly clean or emission-free in the near future.
On this path – starting with the analysis of the current situation, right through to the implementation of this optimisation – we accompany you with holistic concepts and solutions using our BePro evaluation process. Our company covers the entire range of technologies available on the market for clean and emission-free drive systems – battery-powered buses, fuel cell buses, hybrid and gas buses.
We evaluate the technical feasibility of conversion scenarios based on different usage profiles and drive concepts.
Our comprehensive consulting services provide comparative calculations of the total costs (Total Cost of Ownership) and do not neglect the environmental balance sheet with the consideration of relevant emissions and their potential savings. Furthermore, it is important to fully exploit the potential of the partly lower operating and maintenance costs as well as the available subsidies on the market for vehicles and for the infrastructure with alternative driving systems.
1. Analysis of the current situation
- Line plan analysis: circulation analysis (stopping and turning times, average speed, etc.), typification of the line, etc.
- Infrastructure analysis: depot (space requirements, energy supply situation, workshop infrastructure etc.), route (energy supply possibilities, necessary construction measures)
- Definition of objectives: Which lines should be converted? Are there pollution and noise reduction plans) etc.
- Identification of funding programmes: EU federal or state funding for purchase, infrastructure or marketing
2. The selection of the technology
- Consideration of suitable drive technologies (battery electric as depot or occasional charger, fuel cell as hybrid bus or range extender, natural gas, bio methane, LNG)
- Use of our bus database
- Selection of loading and tank concepts: Charging via plug, pantograph etc., hydrogen filling station via on-site generation or delivery etc.
3. The concept development
- Technical feasibility confirmation of the changeover to different alternative drives in different scenarios
- Calculation of the conversion with LINK LINe-Conversion Concept, our software product for technical feasibility confirmation
- Scenario-comparing profitability calculation (TCO = Total Cost of Ownership)
- Environmental accounting of various emissions such as carbon dioxide (CO2), carbon monoxide (CO) to show the emission saved
- Recommendation based on the results of the BePro evaluation process
- Elaboration of the timetable for short, medium and long-term implementation
- Support in procurement management
- Application for funding
- Training of drivers and workshop personnel
- Monitoring of the implemented measures
- Introduction of the pilot line/bus